- Originally published, March 27, 10:50 am.
- March 27, 3:22 pm:
- Uber will allow its permit to operate self-driving cars in California to expire.
I have been saying for a while that Donald Trump will fall. Others have been ahead of me in suggesting that it might be Stormy Daniels, an adult film star, who brings him down. Indeed, this is a story I suspected was more about a quest for confirmation of Trump’s dick size than anything else.
That all changed when Daniels appeared on CBS News “60 Minutes.” As Michael Gerson put it,
Yet who in their right mind would trust Trump’s word over hers? In this case, the porn star has more credibility than the president of the United States. It is not even close.
Trump has repeatedly weathered political storms that would be lethal for any other politician, prompting me to post Gerson’s article to Twitter, saying
As the Saturn V rocket launches, it seems invincible. Nothing can stop it. But gravity is still there. The first stage drops away, then the second, and the third. In the end, even the capsule on top must return to earth. https://t.co/ntWgP2V0Se
— David Benfell, Ph.D. (@n4rky) March 27, 2018
Rosemary Sword and Gail Sheehy, “How Close Is Trump to a Psychiatric Breakdown?” Daily Beast, March 23, 2018, https://amp.thedailybeast.com/how-close-is-donald-trump-to-a-psychiatric-breakdown
Anderson Cooper, “Stormy Daniels describes her alleged affair with Donald Trump,” CBS News, March 26, 2018, https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stormy-daniels-describes-her-alleged-affair-with-donald-trump-60-minutes-interview/
David Frum, “Trump’s Legal Threats Backfire,” Atlantic, March 26, 2018, https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/03/trumps-legal-threats-backfire/556505/
Michael Gerson, “The strange, unexpected public contribution of Stormy Daniels,” Washington Post, March 26, 2018, https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-strange-unexpected-public-contribution-of-stormy-daniels/2018/03/26/2c2bce4e-312a-11e8-8abc-22a366b72f2d_story.html
Jonathan Turley, “John Dowd’s resignation sets Trump up for trouble in Mueller probe,” Hill, March 22, 2018, http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/379802-john-dowds-resignation-sets-trump-up-for-trouble-in-mueller-probe
Megan Rose Dickey, “Uber will not reapply for self-driving car permit in California,”TechCrunch, March 27, 2018, https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/27/uber-will-not-reapply-for-self-driving-car-permit-in-california/amp/
Alejandro Lazo and Greg Bensinger, “Arizona Governor Suspends Uber’s Self-Driving Cars From Roads,” Wall Street Journal, March 26, 2018, https://www.wsj.com/articles/arizona-governor-suspends-ubers-self-driving-cars-from-roads-1522113198
Notably, however, [Donald] Trump did not immediately make a statement in his own voice. He has so far refused to personally condemn Russian President Vladimir Putin for the attack, instead calling him recently to congratulate him for his victory in a dubious election. Trump was also slow to publicly acknowledge Russian complicity in the poisoning, which critically injured Sergei Skripal and his daughter on March 4 in the British city of Salisbury.
Tracy Wilkinson, “U.S. to expel 60 Russian diplomats as punishment for poison attack in Britain,” Los Angeles Times, March 26, 2018, http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-fg-us-russian-20180326-story.html
Adam Harris, “Federal Judge Hands a Victory to Embattled Accreditor,” Chronicle of Higher Education, March 25, 2018, https://www.chronicle.com/article/Federal-Judge-Hands-a-Victory/242918
- Megan Rose Dickey, “Uber will not reapply for self-driving car permit in California,”TechCrunch, March 27, 2018, https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/27/uber-will-not-reapply-for-self-driving-car-permit-in-california/amp/↩
- Anderson Cooper, “Stormy Daniels describes her alleged affair with Donald Trump,” CBS News, March 26, 2018, https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stormy-daniels-describes-her-alleged-affair-with-donald-trump-60-minutes-interview/↩
- Michael Gerson, “The strange, unexpected public contribution of Stormy Daniels,” Washington Post, March 26, 2018, https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-strange-unexpected-public-contribution-of-stormy-daniels/2018/03/26/2c2bce4e-312a-11e8-8abc-22a366b72f2d_story.html↩
- Tracy Wilkinson, “U.S. to expel 60 Russian diplomats as punishment for poison attack in Britain,” Los Angeles Times, March 26, 2018, http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-fg-us-russian-20180326-story.html↩