- Originally published, November 22, 4:39 pm.
- November 23, 1:55 pm:
- There is a new blog entry, “Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump make the case for abolishing borders.”
- November 23, 7:38 pm:
- Journalists are well-acquainted—I know because I remember my mother telling me about this years, maybe even decades, ago—with a phenomenon in which “[w]hen politically inconvenient news is published in the final hours of a workweek, politicos call it a ‘Friday news dump.’” In this case, the case of a major—and dire—Climate change report that contradicts everything Donald Trump says about climate change, released on the reputedly busiest shopping day of the year, journalists are calling it out. The calculation is simple, even if the article doesn’t quite explain it: People are paying less attention. All it will really take is for one incendiary tweet from Trump and the report might be overlooked entirely.
- November 24, 2:51 am:
- I continue to ruminate on my experience with the U.S. Census Bureau. With the latest research journal entry, “Socially constructed ethics,” I begin to tackle harder questions. This is the third entry in this series; I link to the previous two entries within this entry.
My attempt to convert my old Drupal content management system to WordPress failed rather spectacularly—and for a similar reason the attempt to upgrade from Drupal 7 to 8 failed. I’m getting pissed about this shit.
I mean, c’mon now. Nobody ever attempts to move forums? Really?
The forums are how I organize archived content in Drupal. So if those don’t move, I really haven’t moved. Or upgraded. Or anything else. Except maybe been fooled. Yet again.
Greg Sargent, “Another judge just blocked Trump. His ruling contains a warning,” Washington Post, November 20, 2018, https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/11/20/another-judge-just-blocked-trump-his-ruling-contains-a-warning/
Dale Kasler, “Fact Check: Trump administration blames ‘radical’ environmentalists as Camp Fire toll rises. Experts disagree,” Sacramento Bee, November 20, 2018, https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/fires/article221953750.html
Robinson Meyer, “A Grave Climate Warning, Buried on Black Friday,” Atlantic, November 23, 2018, https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/11/national-climate-assessment-black-friday/576589/
- For example, Robinson Meyer, “A Grave Climate Warning, Buried on Black Friday,” Atlantic, November 23, 2018, https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/11/national-climate-assessment-black-friday/576589/↩